Tuesday, February 26, 2013

 I love these challenges because they get my creative juices flowing for other projects in my life. 


Sometimes I think I am actually drowning in ideas.

My goal in this challenge was to simply photograph blue things. That is what today's challenge called for. But then I had to go and add a collage image of myself, and a pretty disturbing one at that, to the objects I set out to capture on my camera. 

The ironic thing is I am so overwhelmed with clutter and yet I create more mess when I allow my muse to lure me into playing. It does not take much for my whimsical deity to coerce me into creative temptations. This always happens when there is so many other things that need to be done. There is always definitely something that needs to be done.

It is like peer pressure in an artsy sense. I guess I am still, within myself, that teen who would sneak out of the house by climbing onto the roof and down the huge oak tree, just to avoid doing chores, and instead goof around with my friends. I admit, I have not completely grown up. I hope I never do.

This completed image, however, just sort of fell into place that it reflects my procrastination and soul engulfing burden. But isn't this what this blog is about? Isn't reorganizing my life while still embracing my love of creating the reason I have committed myself to this journey? But then why am I spending time on other web sites, pouring my heart and soul into other projects?

I can't help it. It is childish. It is adolescent.

Perhaps I just want to "play" and inter-react with other visual creatives.

Maybe I just want to avoid the massive amount of grown up responsibilities I have towering before me.

Yet, without my surrender to my creative wistfulness I will find myself in a hollow of despair. My yearnings, unanswered, will dry up my spirit and I will I indeed find myself "Blue".


****** 

Images of my artwork/ collages, backgrounds, titles, captions etc, are not for public or private use WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THEY ARE ALL COPYRIGHTED!!!!

******

New to My Blogs? 
Come join me over in my Facebook World to keep 
updated on when I post on my blogs. 
FEEL FREE TO FRIEND ME!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment